Planning to pursue further studies on public administration, public policy, health sciences, public health or just interested in the topic? Here are some of the relevant materials online for your perusal. Actually, this is my list of things to read, too.
State of the Nation’s Health or Current Events
Consumerism and Capitalism
The Philippine Health Insurance Company (PHIC) and PhilHealth
- The Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations of the National Health Insurance Act of 2013
- Republic Act (RA) 9241 amending RA 7875 (The National Health Insurance Act of 1995)
- RA 10606 further amending RA 7875
- RA 10645: Mandatory PhilHealth Coverage of Senior Citizens
Healthcare Delivery & Services
- 2012 Funding Scheme from the Department of Budget and Management to assist the Local Government Units (LGU)
State Hospitals, Institutions
Our Public Healthcare Providers
- [DOH] Department of Health (2013) The 2013 Philippine Drug Pricing Reference Index, 2nd ed.
- [WHO] World Health Organization (1997) Essential Medicines and Health Products Information.
- Ball D & Tisocki K (undated) Medicines Price Components in the Philippines. Health Action International Global.
- Sobrepeña, Allan (undated) Drug Regulation in the Philippines. University of the Philippines-Manila.
Laws on Healthcare, Health-related Professions and Issues
- Executive Order (EO) no. 851: Creation of the Bureau of Food and Drugs (BFAD)
- RA 6675: The Generics Act of 1988
- RA 9502: Universally Accessible Cheaper and Quality Medicines Act of 2008
- RA 8203: Special Law on Counterfeit Drugs
- Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 8203
- RA 9711: BFAD Strengthening Law or Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009
- Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 9711
- World Trade Organization—Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (WTO-TRIPS) Agreement
- EO no. 192, s. 2015: Transfer of the Regulation and Supervision over HMOs